Are you looking to work in New Zealand, especially in Northland as a GP or practice nurse locum part time or full time?
Or maybe you looking for part time, full time or permanent work, then we may have the solution for you.
Northland, the gateway to the country’s most beautiful swimming beaches and extensive range of outdoor activities.
Try Something Different
Experience the rich culture of rural New Zealand, and that of Northland from the Waitangi Treaty Grounds, to the beaches, Kauri forests and the people of Aotearoa.Discover Northland
Rural General Practice
We are a primary care organisation who understands general practice. Our team will work to match your needs to the right placement and support you throughout the process. We offer comparable locum rates and promise a hassle free, guaranteed payment system – each time, every time.Rural General Practice
Current Locum Opportunities
8 May 2021
We currently have requests from practices to provide short-term and long-term locums.
Other available contracts include part time, full time and/or permanent positions.
Contact us to express your interest and explore your options that could be available to you.
Rachel has been working as a GP here in Waipapa and Kaikohe, Northland, New Zealand for the last month. Watch Rachel's video to see how she has enjoyed working in the Far North with the warm temperatures and lush bush landscapes. "The PHO has been great from the start in sorting out my accommodation, I got wonderful hosts that bring me fresh eggs"
More Locum Stories
We put effort into provide the right employment for all our locums with the right placement and support so they enjoy their time working in our northland rural practices. We reinforce locum recruitment and placement with access to our comprehensive accredited medical education programmes, medical supervision and local peer support events.
Read some comments about Northland locums experiences living and working in beautiful rural Northland.
Benefits of working with us
- A rural primary care organisation that understands general practice
- Guaranteed locum rate
- Guaranteed payment
- Additional support and benefits available
- Maintain your CME with full access to our accredited Continuing Medical Education programmes
- Peer Support events
- Rural Northland lifestyle
- Medical supervision and reporting, to meet the requirements of registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand
- NZ Immigration Work Visa application process – we provide support
- Medical Council of New Zealand registration process – we provide support
- We operate one of only two government Locum contracts in New Zealand