What we offer
Our organisation has been involved in providing locum cover to rural practices within our region for over a decade. As a primary care organisation we are acutely aware of the varying needs of our locums and that is why we focus on ensuring that our locum experience is well supported and hassle free.
Whether you are a NZ based locum or are enquiring from overseas, we work to match your needs to the right placement.
We are an accredited provider of professional development and hold one of two government contracts to provide a sustainable and comprehensive locum programme.
Locums seeking work
We are actively recruiting and placing locums into positions throughout rural Northland and as such welcome enquiries from locums seeking work or just wanting to chat about potential options.
Our team manage every step of the process from enquiry to medical registration and placement.
So contact us today and make your enquiry with our team who are ready to assist you. Email: email@example.com
Our services are free to eligible locums and include:
- Induction training into the New Zealand medical system, referrals, ACC and local computer systems
- Assistance with taxation and setting up bank accounts
- Assistance with MCNZ registration
- Arrangement of person(s) to undertake the MNCZ supervision and reporting, which are a standard requirement for all overseas trained doctors entering New Zealand.
- Assistance with New Zealand Visa applications
- Arrival meet and greet
- Vehicle provided or mileage allowance
- Accommodation provided
- Assistance with settling families or spouse
- Practice meet and greet with reasonable practice induction training
- Guaranteed competitive locum rates
- Guaranteed on time payments
- Access to local peer support groups and events
- Access to our professional development programmes which are accredited by the RNZCGP for CME points and the NZ Nurses Organisation
- Additional benefits and support as required throughout your Locum stay.
Continuing Professional Development
We ensure that our locums are included in all our peer support events and education programmes. These opportunities encourage relationship building, information sharing and establishing inclusive linkages between visiting locums and GPs/practice nurses within the region.
Not only can our locums maintain their education points, they can also develop solid working relationships outside their own practice.
As such, our GP locums enjoy access to a range of educational events, which are endorsed by The Royal New Zealand College of General Practitioners.
Equally, our practice nurse locums access relevant professional development through our Nursing Council of New Zealand recognised programmes (PDRPs).
But don’t take our word for it, read what some of our Locums have to say about their time working within our rural practices.
We would love to hear from you and welcome the opportunity to get you started on your own Northland locum journey.